Saturday, October 30, 2010

Petit Fours



Today was a busy kitchen day. Much cooking and preparations have been done.


Tomorrow night, we'll be having a feast to remember the sacrifices that the Reformers made so that we can easily pick up a Bible in our own language and read it any time we choose.




One item on the menu is petit fours. These little cakes with their sugary frosting are something I've only had a few times in my life, and they were always from a bakery or at an event. Tomorrow night, I'll be having them and this time they are homemade in my very own kitchen with a little help from Esther (she held the mixer for a couple of minutes).






I went the easy route and used a boxed cake mix for the cake. Frosting them wasn't hard, since I didn't go for perfection. The decorations on the top were made by using up some icing tubes that we had left over from last Christmas (hey, it was still good!). Overall, they were pretty simple to make. It just took some time.




I know at least one friend who'd probably like to try one!

No comments:

Post a Comment