Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Bread Dream Come True

There are a few times in life that you feel as if one of your dreams has come true. This was one of those times for me. I've longed to bake a nice, tall loaf of bread. A loaf that is not so heavy as the ones I've made in the past and has a taste more like white bread.

Back in August, I bought a bread machine at Goodwill. It powered up in the store and seemed to work, so I decided to risk the $9.99 to see if it'd help me with my goal of baking all the bread that our family eats. It's proved to work well and I'm pleased with it.

Here's what I'm now getting on a regular basis.


Isn't it beautiful? The top is nicely rounded and it fell out of the pan effortlessly.


The crust is a nice, uniform color. Since I used only bread flour and not red or white wheat, it more closely resembles store bought bread.

I simply put the ingredients in the bread machine and turn it on to the dough cycle. When that beeps that it's finished, I dump the dough out into my bread pan and stick it in the oven on 350. Even without a second rise time, I get beautiful, tall loaves like these!



So far, I've been able keep up with our bread needs. It's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment