Friday, April 23, 2010

Jam


Here are some of the results of a recent freezer jam making session. On the left is blueberry jam, made with some of the remaining frozen blueberries from our yard last summer. On the right, is strawberry jam, made from some fresh strawberries. The strawberry is proving to be the most popular with the children, which is good for the cook!

Then, yesterday, Anna and I drove to Burris Farm Market and bought two flats of local strawberries. They were very expensive, but so beautiful. I found not one bit of mold on any of the berries, unlike when I've bought them anywhere else.

That afternoon, Sarah and I worked making three batches of cooked strawberry jam that we canned. This was a first for both of us. In the end, we had 21 jars of jam and some in the fridge. I also froze two cookie sheets of strawberries to use later.

More food with ingredients that we can pronounce and no high fructose corn syrup!

No comments:

Post a Comment