Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bedroom Transformation, Day 8


Friday we a day spent on a mission. I was on a mission to finish the crown molding and the baseboards in our bedroom. Alas, the crown molding got finished, but the baseboards didn't.

The day was a day of tight muscles, made by standing on the top step of the ladder, neck bent as I tried to focus my eyes (bifocals) on the crown molding and the spaces where it didn't quite meet the wall or where the joints didn't quite meet.



I learned how to change out the tube of caulking from the caulk gun as I emptied a tube and had to replace it with another in order to get the job done.


Climb ladder, squeeze out a line of caulk, spread it with my finger, clean it up with a baby wipe, do the same thing again as far as I could reach, climb down the ladder, repeat. The day wore on as I did this over and over.


Then, it became climb ladder, paint, climb down from ladder, move ladder, repeat - all around the room. By 4:00, the muscles in my shoulder and neck area were all wound up in knots. At least that's how it felt. I had finished and lay on the couch for a while as they loosened up. I was thinking that I'd need a muscle relaxer later that night, but instead, I quickly recovered. Glad for that.

Oh, maybe you're wondering what was in that bag, you know, that pink looking stuff? It's homemade play-doh. I used it to stuff a couple of really big areas where the seams of the molding didn't meet. I stuffed the opening with play-doh, then caulked over the top before painting. Worked for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment