Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bedroom Transformation, Day 3

After making sure that the walls were dry, it was time to begin applying the primer.

It had been a challenging day around our house, so nothing was done in my room during waking hours. So, after the children were in bed, I gathered all my supplies and got started. Curious as to how long it would take, I glanced at the clock as I passed through the kitchen. It was 9:15.

After all the bickering of the day, this time I chose to work in silence. The quietness of the nighttime was so peaceful!

When I finished priming all the walls, it was very late. I don't remember the exact time. After a 15 minute break to rest and have a drink, I went back to work.

Again, I chose to work in silence. I heard each time the heater turned on and off. I could even hear each time our neighbor's heater turned on and off, since it was so quiet (their heat pump is on the side of their house that's near our bedroom window).

When all the walls were painted and everything cleaned up, I fell into bed. It was 5:00 A.M. I soon fell asleep and managed to sleep for about 3 hours before being woke by two energetic boys playing and talking loudly, as usual.

I'm pleased with the color and the way the textured walls turned out. Hope Ed feels the same way when he gets back in town!



1 comment:

  1. It looks lovely, Donna! Yay, for you and your industrious spirit. "She willing works with her hands..." Bambi

    ReplyDelete