Friday, February 19, 2010

Flying Chickens


We sometimes have a chicken flying in our kitchen. Yep, you read that right. In fact, it flies right over the kitchen sink. It hovers in place, going slightly up and down, flapping it's wings as a bad clucking sound is heard.

Does it sound like I'm crazy? Maybe.


One morning last year, I was standing at the kitchen sink getting a whole chicken ready to go into the crock pot. A small child, probably Samuel (then 4 or 5, depending on the time of year), stood by my side asking questions about what I was doing. During our conversation, I decided to make the chicken fly. This was an instant hit! Older children came from their schoolwork to get a look at what was happening. The chicken "flew" from the sink area over into the crock pot, flapping and clucking all the way.

Now, if anyone (well, anyone 8 and under) catches sight of me with a whole chicken, they want to see it fly. How about you? Do you ever have a flying chicken at your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment