Thursday, February 18, 2010

Donna's Baked Beans


Here's a recipe that I rely on when I have to take something to a pot luck meal. People often compliment me on these beans. This recipe is based on one from Taste of Home magazine 16 years ago.

16 years ago? My gosh, I can't believe it was that long ago! I first made these when Casey, Ed's son, was graduating from high school and had been accepted into the college of his choice. We had a going away party for him and this was on the menu.

Now, I make them for two other little boys. I like taking them places because they're so easy to make. They can be mixed up the night before, poured into the baking pan, and put in the fridge before baking. The next morning, pull it out of the fridge and pop it into the oven to bake.

Donna's Baked Beans

3 cans pork & beans, drained of some of the juice (regular size cans)
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 TBSP prepared mustard
2 TBSP molasses
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chili powder

Stir together all except the beans. Stir in the beans. Pour into a 9x13 or other baking pan and bake 45 minutes covered. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes. Enjoy!

This recipe is linked to the Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom.

1 comment: