Monday, February 22, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls


Doesn't that look yummy? It was!

On Saturday, I made up two batches of these cinnamon rolls. One batch, I rolled up and wrapped in plastic wrap, then freezer paper and put in the freezer. The other batch, I cut into rolls, put in the pan, and stored in the fridge overnight.

On Sunday morning, I pulled the pan out of the fridge and stuck it in the oven to bake. Soon, the house started to smell really good! I whipped up a batch of icing (not the one linked with the above recipe) for the top and woke up the others.

I liked this roll recipe better than the one I've used in the past. This bread was softer than my other recipe. I added in some cinnamon chips this time because I still had some in the cabinet.

Cinnamon rolls are really good for breakfast, but take hours to make if you do them from start to finish. I'm so glad to have found this recipe. It explains how the rolls can do a slow rise in the fridge overnight and just need to be baked the next morning. They don't even have to come to room temp first.

This recipe also explains that if you've cut the rolls and frozen them in the pan before baking, then you can let them thaw on the counter overnight and just bake in the morning. So easy!

We'll be having cinnamon rolls much more often with what I've learned from this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment