Sunday, January 24, 2010

Not Krispy Kreme

Krispy Kreme doughnuts are the kind of doughnut that I've eaten more than any other kind. They are wonderfully soft and incredibly sweet. Oh, the sweet taste of sugar that melts in your mouth as you take that first bite! It's a celebration for the taste buds!

Then, there are other kinds of doughnuts - store bakery kind, homemade, and other store front kinds. They just don't compare to the soft, sweetness of Krispie Kreme.

Homemade was the kind that was found in my kitchen a couple of times during that last two weeks. My love for Krispy Kreme drove me to seek out recipes that I could use to try to duplicate them in my kitchen.

The result? Krispy Kreme just can't be copied. My results you see here might look okay, and my children seemed to enjoy them, but I was sadly disappointed.

Oh, Krispy Kreme, please share your recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment